Re: [CH] Peter's email

KnoxBill (knoxbill@comcast.net)
Sat, 10 Dec 2005 17:56:29 -0500

Perry C. Abernethy wrote:

> Boy, I can sure tell there are no Vietnam veterans or Green Berets in
> this bunch. Thats all we had to eat with our rations was Tabasco
> sauce! Man, it tasted great. They started putting it in C rations
> (remember those) and in the LRRP rations. When your in the middle of
> Cambodia, 5 of you, and no one to call to call for help, what do you
> slrrp down- Tabasco sauce and a handful of wild peppers-those long
> thin kind.

viet vet here, perry...saigon and phubai...never had the pleasure of
c-rats, but did find plenty of heat in the street food and little
restaurants...after i convinced them that i wanted it HOT...but i've
heard many stories of tabasco making the rations almost palatable...sent
a case of jim campbell's hab sauce to some marines in iraq, to help with
the rations there...they said it was HOT, but it was good...  <grin>