Re: [CH] Ithaca is Hot

Dave Drum (dirty_dave@chillicooks.org)
Sun, 12 Feb 2006 16:49:24 -0600

Mike Nestrud wrote:

> Is anyone going to the "Ithaca is Hot" chili cookoff Saturday, Feb 18th?
> 25 teams, 15-20k people... minimum 20G chili/team (some bring 60...
> we're budgeted for barely 20)  its going to be a good time.

> If you make it, stop by the Cornell Food Science Club booth and say
> hi... I'm the "executive chili chef" for our entry.

> Our "secret" ingredient?  Jamaican Hot Chocolate and Mustard Lightning
> habs.  Yummmm........

Izzat 20 *GALLONS* of chilli? I put on chilli suppers for small
organisations with that amount. The biggest chilli supper I normally
do is only 60 gallons (although we have had to make an additional 10
or 20 gallons from time to time) with beenz.

When I do an ICS cook-off (no beenz) I use a five pound recipe which
makes about 1 1/2 gallons of just meat sauce.

20 gallons of chilli will take about 40 pounds of ground meat. 2 lb.
of chilli mix, 2 lb of kidney suet, 12 oz of ground cumin, etc.

So, if you guys are really doing 20 gallons of chilli (with or without
beenz) me 'ats orf to ye!

--
ENJOY!!!
--------

"There is no passion like that of a functionary for his
function." - Georges Clemenceau