Re: [CH] (no subject)

The Geissmans (jgeissman@socal.rr.com)
Thu, 16 Mar 2006 22:53:27 -0800

I'm also in LA, and although seedlings or 4" pot youngsters from
the nursery would probably survive if planted now or in a couple of
weeks, I think I get better results by waiting and planting the 4"
pot version in late April.  Likewise for tomatoes.  During March
and most of April they live, but don't grow much.

I fear I'm missing something -- should  I be trying to plant as early
as possible?  Can someone please explain?  I've grown peppers,
tomatoes and eggplant for many years, but am really a neophyte
in terms of understanding the process.  I typically grow maybe
four (huge) tomato plants, about 15 different chiles, and a few
other things.  I know the more soil prep I do, the better the results,
although really cold or hot spells can interfere.

The nurseries around here are great -- dozens of chile varieties.

Thanks,
Jim