Re: [CH] Relleno's

Walt Spencer (g0tuj@g0tuj.karoo.co.uk)
Mon, 10 Apr 2006 07:54:19 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sandy Olson" <sandyo@myclearwave.net>
To: "ChileHeads" <chile-heads@globalgarden.com>
Sent: Sunday, April 09, 2006 11:18 PM
Subject: Re: [CH] Relleno's

> I LOVE Rellenos!  They're moderate ya' know!
>
> SandyO
> CH #1146, of the moderate persuasion

Hi Sandy. I bet you love those Relleno's a whole lot too. Never had the
opportunity of trying one, but being a moderate like you Sandy, I sure wish
I had.

Being a moderate like me Sandy, you will be interested in what I have been
doing. I felt that I would really like to have some dried chile on my food.
Never had the privilege of using it, not ever. Couldn't find any anywhere in
my area and was a bit dissapointed. Anyway, not to be outdone I took some
frozen Thai Red's out of the freezer and grated them over my food
and....WOW! It was super. I could taste the flavour like never before.

When cooking my chile's I have often felt that, if only the flavour would
not dissapear in the cooking process. But now, by grating them over my food
I have the super super heat.....and the glorious flavour too.  I grate them
over everything, Lettuce. Cheese. Strawberries. Banana. Meat. Fish and even
on Bread and Butter. Guess I am trying to teach my Grandmother to suck eggs,
but felt that I ought to share this with you. I cannot wait for June when I
hope to be able to buy a few chile's with different flavours and really hit
the high spots. Maybe after all....Fresh Is Best!  Walt.
CH#2218 an old Chile-Head from the old country.