Re: [CH] Relleno filling - potatoes?

JohnT (Love2troll@kc.rr.com)
Sat, 15 Apr 2006 15:20:03 -0500

Dave Anderson writes:  "Now I add diced potato to me own
taco and burrito fillings up here sometimes."

 Me too.  I'm particularly fond of an inexpensive brand in the frozen food
aisle: http://www.oreida.com/varieties/hashbrowns.aspx  I use the Potatoes
O'Brien all the time.  I'm sure ho-made diced potatoes might be better, but
this works well.  Scrambled eggs, cheese, fried sausage, chopped sweet
onion, a few diced rocotos, fresh ground pepper, Kosher salt to taste and
you have an excellent breakfast burrito.

Wild rice, refried beans, cheese & you have a great start for a burrito mix.
I buy Rosarita brand "Traditional Refried Beans" at the wholesale club in
8-packs.  If I thought could do better from scratch would give it a try.
Many of you here are great cooks...  I'm not.

jt