Re: [CH] That Fishy Smell

Matt Evans (tmattevans@gmail.com)
Sun, 21 May 2006 17:18:42 -0400

Elise --

Scary observation....I hadn't really thought about it.  I doubt there
are any dead animals buried there, however.  The area was wooded and
largely unpopulated prior to construction of the neighborhood and I
tilled a good 8 inches deep with no indications of disturbed earth.

Maybe I am fooling myself, but the smell started almost immediately
after a lime and fertilizer application and abated after several days
-- this leads me to believe that perhaps it was a combination of
nitrogen fertilizer and pH modification that caused the smell.

Matt