[CH] Re: crotchety old geezer?

Tina Brooks (shoestring_louise@yahoo.com)
Thu, 27 Jul 2006 17:38:44 -0700 (PDT)

Wait a minute now, Doug... I didn't say "geezer"...
Mayhaps you are projecting oh wizened one.

I have family on the Island, on Bowen and on the
Mainland and I grew up there on the coast. I intend to
take a very close look at what and how you cook, in
the hopes that I can convert you to a fan of our
sauces... I'm a bit of a pusher that way. :)

By the way... You took your bride 5 years after my
Daddy was born and in the year my Mommy became
Canadian. (She's a Newfie)... I think "geezer" just
might be fitting.

Nice to make your acquaintance.

--- Doug Irvine <dougandmarie@shaw.ca> wrote:

> Well, Tina, if you think that is the way the elders
> are, so be it.  In
> any event, just so you might get an idea of what and
> how I cook, hit:
> http://www.pepperfool.com      click RECIPES  and
> then scroll down the
> side bar until you come to Doug Irvine and there are
> a slew of recipes,
> mostly all mine...like as in outta the old skull.
> Feel free to use them,
> but kindly do not place them any other spot. The
> info blurb is seriously
> outta date. I am in my 81st year, my bride since
> 1949 is in her 77th,
> and I do all the cooking, she does all the baking,
> and we have been
> working that way for about 40 odd years. Been a
> Chile-Head since 94.
> Live on Vancouver Island. Cheers, Doug in BC

=====

Tina Brooks
VP Marketing, Peppermaster Hot Sauces
www.peppermaster.com
Brooks Pepperfire Foods Inc.

Phone: (450) 451-6770
26 St. Jean Baptiste
Rigaud, Quebec
J0P 1P0

=====

Join our hot pepper discussion group at http://www.thehotpepper.com

Have you ever had an Elephant Pepper??? No? Ask me about my Elephant Pepper project: Feeding the world, one pepper at a time.

  =====