Re: [CH] <CRS>

Matt Evans (tmattevans@gmail.com)
Sun, 30 Jul 2006 09:05:31 -0400

Beth --

I have tried the chamomile tea before but, as a general rule, do not.
I have never had any problems with damping off in the past (perhaps
2-3 chiles out of 150 per season) so I guess I got overconfident and
wasn't as diligent this season with taking care of the little fellers.

I've never actually thought about completely dehydrating tomatoes
after smoking them.  What I have done in the past (and did this year)
was to smoke the tomatoes with two pans of chips in the Big Chief,
pull 'em, bag 'em, and tag 'em.  They go into the freezer and will
last until I have fresh tomatoes again next year.  I use them during
the winter for tomato sauces (pizza, pasta, etc.), salsas, chili,
soups, etc.

Hope all goes well on the smoker today -- what type of gear do you use?

Matt