[CH] Fw: Bread and Butter Jalapenos

Linda Hutchinson (lipant@sympatico.ca)
Tue, 8 Aug 2006 22:17:00 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: Vicki
To: Linda Hutchinson
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2006 10:12 PM
Subject: Bread and Butter Jalapenos

Here is one for CH using jalapenos...from Vicki (who can't post....lol)

Bread and Butter Jalapenos

4 lbs of fresh jalapeno chili peppers
6 lbs of onions
1 packet of Ball brand bread and butter pickle spice mix.

Just cut off the stems on the jalapeno peppers and run them through
the slicing blade on your food processor. You don't gotta remove
the seeds.

next, peel and slice your onions the same way.

Throw the spice packet contents in a big non-reactive pot, along
with 8 cups white vinegar ( 5 %), and 6 cups of white sugar, boil
this for a few minutes then throw in the peppers and onions and
bring to a simmer again, simmer a few minutes, then pack in clean
jars, and process in a water bath canner for 15 more minutes, that's
it!

This batch size makes 5 well packed quarts, or 10 pints. I did pints
last year, but I'm going with the quart size this year cause I'm
lazy!  Best flavor is developed in a month, but will be tasty after
about 2 weeks.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.