Re: [CH] Blossom Drop on C. pubescens

JohnT (Love2troll@kc.rr.com)
Wed, 9 Aug 2006 07:08:09 -0500

Matt,

Wish that I could help.  I've only grown one variety of C. pubescens that
would set first year pods in our July heat.  You should see what some of the
Rogues in the NE states can do in their cooler weather!  For what it's
worth, I use the 15-30-15 blue stuff for fertilizer.  And L.B always advises
that too much nitrogen causes blossom drop.

Maybe Cameron can help?

My beautiful white-flowered rocoto must have had a hundred blossoms drop so
far this year.  Still waiting.

jt

----- Original Message -----
From: Matt Evans
To: Chile Heads
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2006 11:27 PM
Subject: [CH] Blossom Drop on C. pubescens

Hi All --

I have a big, beautiful manzano plant (the only C. pubescens to
survive the "damping-off incident") that has set planty of flowers.
It is dropping all of the flowers rather than setting fruit.  I assume
this is because of the high heat here, but don't know for sure.  Any
advice?  Add potassium?  Any other ideas?

JohnT, help me.....

Matt