Re: [CH] Scorned Woman et al

Tina Brooks (shoestring_louise@yahoo.com)
Tue, 15 Aug 2006 15:40:48 -0700 (PDT)

1. No you don't have to refrigerate after opening, but
if you don't and it needs you to, it will go bad.

2. Fwiw, the only time a company is required to put an
expiry date on their product is if its shelf life is
less than 1 year.

As for Scorned Woman, either she has a shelf-life of
less than a year OR she simply wants to put that date
on there so she knows when they were made in case of
recall???

--- Sandy Olson <sandyo@myclearwave.net> wrote:

> Two questions for the producers and knowledgeable
> re: hot sauce:
>
> 1.  Do you really have to "refrigerate after
> opening"?
>
> 2.  Does it really die (i.e. become unsafe to
> consume) after the expiration
> date on the bottle?  Doesn't anyone remember when
> things simply didn't have
> expiration dates...you smelled the milk and if it
> smelled funny, you threw
> it away ;^)
>
> SandyO
> CH #1146

=====

Tina Brooks
VP Marketing, Peppermaster Hot Sauces
www.peppermaster.com
Brooks Pepperfire Foods Inc.

Phone: (450) 451-6770
26 St. Jean Baptiste
Rigaud, Quebec
J0P 1P0

=====

Join our hot pepper discussion group at http://www.thehotpepper.com

Have you ever had an Elephant Pepper??? No? Ask me about my Elephant Pepper project: Feeding the world, one pepper at a time.

  =====