Re: [CH] "Drying Pods" question

Hobby Farmer (hobbyfarmer@t-one.net)
Sun, 01 Oct 2006 23:51:30 -0400

honeybee wrote:
> I'm wondering about the preferred method of drying pods ... removing
> seeds and membrane before or after drying?....

If I am saving the seeds for planting, I remove them first.
Otherwise, I dry the small chiles whole, and halve the larger ones
or the thick-walled ones.  I crush or grind seeds, membranes and
all.  I do remove the stems before drying, as it is esier than doing
it after.

We also vacuum seal and freeze whole and freeze mash.  If your
production gets ahead of your dehydrator, you can freeze now and
dehydrate later.

Just how I do it,

Hobby Farmer