RE: [CH] Luncheon meats

Alex Silbajoris (asilbajo@hotmail.com)
Mon, 20 Nov 2006 12:36:48 +0000

>From: The Geissmans <jgeissman@socal.rr.com>

>Speaking of Valley Produce, the Turkish versions of hot pepper
>paste/pasta/salsa/puree, of which they have a few (varies from
>time to time) are my favorite all-purpose medium hot stuff.

Not only Turkish, but pepper sauces and pastes show up anywhere from
Hungary, Georgia and the Caucasus, through the Middle East, and across north
Africa.  Most of them seem to be anywhere from 3 to 7 on a heat scale, I
haven't seen many that approach the heat levels of habs and such.  Here in
cantral Ohio I can find these mainly in Turkish and Russian stores, with
harissa available in the middle eastern stores, even into near asian stores
like the Patel chain of groceries.

I like the way the Turks spell "soce" instead of "sauce"

- A