Re: [CH] Middle Earth?

Mary-Anne Durkee (durkee.ch.list@gmail.com)
Tue, 12 Dec 2006 14:23:58 -0800

Hummmmm, I think the more heat you eat the hotter you want the food.
We've been eating chile enriched foods for many years.  We got real
serious about chiles on our first trip to Thailand back 20+ years ago.
 I mean one does take notice when local chaps are eating handfulls of
chiles for breakfast.  The kids loved watching the guys in Phuket
munch chiles like a pretzel with their morning coffee.

All our kids and now grand kids are chile heads!  I am not talking
sitting around eating whole chiles but food with atitude-flavour and
balance.  It is amazing how boring food is with the garlic, chiles,
spices, and herbs.  Once you develope a palate that craves flavour
well that plain old boring stuff doesn't work not even for the kids.

Andrew, 9 y/o started devouring real Tom Yum Gnoong at age 2 1/2 or 3.
 Tiffiny at age 7 loves the fiery pork skin snacks.  LOL  Not sure
what 22 m/o Marko eats in the way of chiles, but if it is meat he eats
it and loves garlic.  His dis 6'4" and from Montenegro/Serbia/Croatia
and these guys are meat eaters.  If  Serbs comes for dinner count on
3# meat per person.  They eat alot of hot paprika, and hot ajvar.

If you haven't tried a hot Ajvar do!  If anyone wants a recipe just let me know.

However, eating whole fire roasted habanaros right out of Hobby
Farmer's roaster at the Open Fields did get my
attention..............now why did I eat those?  Ahhh it was cold and
that fire did warm me up for sure.

Mary-Anne