Re: [CH] Sopes

Mary-Anne Durkee (durkee.ch.list@gmail.com)
Wed, 13 Dec 2006 10:19:52 -0800

Probablly.  You can make them with freshly rendered Manteca (available
at the meat counter of most Mexican markets), butter or low fat using
broth.  However the freshly rendered manteca tastes best-the old pork
fat rules thing.  If you are vegetarian veg or mushroom broth
works-just as long as you have some chiles on top.  Actually you can
add some of Jim's Applewood Smoked Red Savina to the masa for
seriously attention getting sopes.

Mary-Anne