Re: [CH] World's hottest chile

Dave Drum (dirty_dave@chillicooks.org)
Sat, 17 Feb 2007 18:04:47 -0600

Gtoughchile wrote:
> Isn't fortunate that I happened to be in Las Cruces today and looked at this article on the front page?
>
> http://www.lcsun-news.com/news/ci_5249297
>
> Dave Anderson
> TLCC

That's the one that is the subject of this month's column by Bosland
in Chile Pepper magazine. Apparently it is a hybrid of Frutescens and
Chinense. I have that issue in the throne room's magazine rack and was
reading the article this very morning - oddly enough.

I don't remember if this is the chile that we kicked around on here a
couple years ago as "World's Hottest" and/or "Weapons Grade" chilli.
But, the origins seem right for it to be that same pepper.

--
ENJOY!!!
--------

A thought is often original, though you have uttered it a hundred
times. -- Oliver Wendell Holmes