Fwd: Re: [CH] subbing and unsubbing

Dave Hendricks (bvdrangs@rcn.com)
Tue, 10 Apr 2007 10:11:24 -0400 (EDT)

-------420b76856bac54d5468c23176047ffc6

here is what I got.....

Dave

-------420b76856bac54d5468c23176047ffc6

Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 19:31:11 -0400
From: Hobby Farmer <hobbyfarmer@t-one.net>
To: Dave Hendricks <bvdrangs@rcn.com>
Subject: Re: [CH] Chile-Heads Digest V8 #885
	so=2006-12-09 10:45:40,
	dmn=5.3.10/2007-02-21

Dave Hendricks wrote:
> Would someone send me instructions on unsubscribing from the digest and subscribing to the individual emails? The most recent digest I received included messages from March 2nd through April 8. I normally use the digest to cut down on the number of emails, but I think I can handle 25 in 5 weeks. Besides, no one seems to trim the excess off replies and the digest then prints everything over and over and over again. I can't tell half the time when there is a new post.
>
> Dave

Dave, subscribe to the list, then when it is working, unsubscribe to
the digest.  Andy B. posted this awhile back, maybe it will help.

Hobby Farmer

Rob and others,
I just read your email.  This has been a long standing problem.
I have the solution outlined on my website:

       http://www.abarnhart.com/faq/

Click on Topic B, the look at B003 on the resultant page.
Here it is:

B003 Q: How do I subscribe to the email list / digest  Revised: 29
July 05
     A: 1) Send the following command in the body of a mail message:
                  SUBSCRIBE
            to    chile-heads-request@globalgarden.com         (for
list)
            or    chile-heads-digest-request@globalgarden.com  (for
digest)
         Note: Be sure that your Reply To: is either missing or its
entry is correct.
               If present in your email, the 'Reply To:' will be
used (instead of the 'From:')

        2) When you get the authorization back, don't send it to
'majordomo' as instructed;
           instead send it to the same address you used to send the
original request.
           (Mike disabled 'Majordomo' some time ago, as it was
collecting enormous SPAM.)
AndyB

.

-------420b76856bac54d5468c23176047ffc6--