Re: [CH] Tonight's Dinner - Pepper-Spiced Fried Chicken

Walt Spencer (g0tuj@g0tuj.karoo.co.uk)
Sun, 2 Sep 2007 08:43:16 +0100

This was tonight's dinner and Yikes! It too was sooooooo good!

Two very large, skinless, chicken breasts. Cut down gently so as not to
separate the mass. Stuffed with a generous amount of 'Le Phare du Cap Bon'
harrisa paste (the only source of chile I have, apart from a couple of Tai
Reds) and rolled in peppered flour until coated thoroughly.

Melt butter in a frying pan and fry those chicken breasts very, very gently
until they are browned all over and no blood shows when pricked. There will
be a beautiful hint of harrisa showing round the edges where they were cut
and the smell will be gorgeous. Remove them from the pan and keep them hot
in the oven.

You should have a lovely mix of browned flour and pepper in the bottom of
the pan. Add milk or cream and bring to the boil till it begins to thicken.
Grate those last two Tai Reds with a kitchen grater and add to the
thickening mix (the sauce) and cook for a further minute or two.

Bring out the hot plate. Place the chicken breasts on it and surround them
with a nice helping of steamed shallots(I did mention the shallots, didn't
I?) Then pour over a generous helping of the sauce and sit down to it.
Oooooh! It is soooooo good and you haven't had to refer to anyone's cookery
book whatsoever. You can make it a bigger meal by adding more chicken and/or
more in the way of vegetables, but I think it is the simplicity of this
little meal that makes it what it is. Make sure you have a good work out
afterwards.

Red Hot greetings to you all, from me....#CH2218 an old chile-head from the
old country. Walt.