Re: [CH] gnarly NewMex chiles

Dave Drum (dirty_dave@chillicooks.org)
Wed, 05 Sep 2007 09:16:10 -0500

Margaret Lauterbach wrote:
> What do you folks do with NewMex chiles that are bent, warped, folded,
> etc., so that their skins won't peel?  I'm wondering if I could put them
> through a screw grinder and make a slightly hot relish with them.  Or
> are there better ideas?  I'm on digest, so please respond back channel.
> TIA, Margaret Lauterbach

What food kop is going to bust you if you don't roast and peel? I use
NuMex/Anaheim/Big Jim both ways. In making salsa I just stem and seed
them and then go to a fine dice (as for Pico de Gallo). Or if making
chile verde - same deal for some of them and roasted, peeled for
others. I like the faint bitterness that leaving the skins on imparts
- sometimes. Other times it's not appropriate. For those times you
might want to seek out chilies that aren't as twisted as Hunter S.
Thompson's brain.   Bv)=

--
ENJOY!!!
--------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. -- Albert Einstein