Re: [CH] ALERT: Chile finds at Big Lots!

Dave Drum (dirty_dave@chillicooks.org)
Fri, 28 Sep 2007 11:02:05 -0500

Linda Reynolds wrote:
> Hey Chile friends.
>
> Just a FYI about what I found at my local Big Lots. There is a kind of
> specialty/ethnic area dedicated to this stuff.
>
> Brazos Legends: Lonesome Red Habanero Bloody Mary Mix, 1 liter/$2.00
> Giorgio Chipotle Mushrooms, 16oz. $1.30
> Roland Chile Sauces, various kinds $2.00
> Desert Creations: Scorpions Sting and Coyotes Howl hot sauces by
> Southwest Specialty foods, $1.50 (bottle size like Frank's)

If you spot something at Odd Lots that you are interested in - grab it
right then. They make that old wheeze about "Unrepeatable offer ... "
come true. It really is close-out merchandise and when it's gone -
it's gone. I grabbed 35 quarts of Trappey's Red Devil Sauce for a buck
a jug at my local Big's a few years ago ... and, as I was on my way to
a weekly lunch with my chilli cook-off buddies I took it with. More
than doubled my $$$ and still had 6 quarts left.

Got a similar deal on 3 Diamonds Lump Crab Meat in the big cans and
cleared them out. Didn't share that deal, though. I'm nearly out and I
keep hoping ... but, that deal (99c/can) has never come back around.

> For those of you familiar with Upstate NY Finger Lakes
> wines.........Hazelitt Winery makes Red Cat and they now bottle
> a hot sauce that is made with Habs and Red Cat wine called: Cat-astrophy
> and it is good!

Ahhhhh, the old Fox and Grapes stuff of NYS wines. Mayhap the apricot
fruitiness of the habs will cover the muskiness of the foxy grapes.

--
ENJOY!!!
--------

Happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length.
-- Robert Frost