Re: [CH] List Still Alive?

Jim Graham (spooky130@cox.net)
Mon, 26 Nov 2007 08:38:30 -0600

On Mon, Nov 26, 2007 at 02:10:19AM -0600, jjk wrote:
> I just resubscribed after a long, unintentional absence, and was
> suprised there we no emails from the list today.  Is this list still
> active?

Yep, we're still here.  It's quiet at times, active at others.

Yesterday, I picked what will probably be my final major "harvest" of
the year (temps at night are getting into the 50s and staying there,
and that usually signals the end of my pepper plants producing
peppers...for the year, for some (tabascos seem able to survive
anything, and come back the next year with a vengeance---the exposed
part dies off, but the new growth reaches its old heights and then some
within what seems like only a few weeks), and for good for others (I've
yet to see a Thai, habanero, or cayenne plant survive the winter at
all).  While this may not seem like a lot to others here, who have
yard-sized pepper gardens, but I picked a whole bowl full of nice, ripe
tabascos, along with a couple of handfulls of habs.  Oh, and two nicely
ripe (deep red) jalapenos to snack on.  Didn't even get around to the
cayenne, and with that cold rain out there today, they can wait.

Oh well, the coffee pot is calling...ok, screaming...my name....

Later,
   --jim

--
73 DE N5IAL (/4)        MiSTie #49997  < Running FreeBSD 6.1 >
spooky130@cox.net    ICBM/Hurricane: 30.39735N 86.60439W

        Do not look into laser with remaining eye!