Re: [CH] Preserving peppers

Tina Brooks (shoestring_louise@yahoo.com)
Fri, 15 Feb 2008 11:40:57 -0800 (PST)

It's not like there is a lack of sugars in the peppers, assuming you use the ripest ones. I would think.

=====

Tina Brooks
VP Marketing, Peppermaster Hot Sauces <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.peppermaster.com">www.peppermaster.com
</a>Brooks Pepperfire Foods Inc. <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.pepperfire.ca">www.pepperfire.ca</a>

Phone: (514) 393-3430
26 St. Jean Baptiste, East
Rigaud, Quebec, Canada
J0P 1P0

Network with me on <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://www.gourmetbusinessforum.com/">www.gourmetbusinessforum.com</a> -- The premier online business community for food professionals

----- Original Message ----
From: JohnT <Love2Troll@kc.rr.com>
To: chile-heads@globalgarden.com; =Mark <mstevens@exit109.com>
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2008 1:10:26 PM
Subject: [CH] Preserving peppers (used to be Botulism...)

=Mark writes:  > It would seem to me that the lack of fermentation with just
plain peppers may
have more to do with a lack of starches or sugars than antibacterial
properties of the peppers...

Mark,

That may well be.  The ferment that failed was entirely thin-walled
chinense.  I can't help but think that there is a chile-head out there
someplace that knows the answer for sure.  Ideas for setting up an
experiment welcomed.

jt