Re: [CH] Making Bacon

Dave Drum (dirty_dave@chillicooks.org)
Thu, 24 Apr 2008 22:23:18 -0500

Jose Cisneros wrote:
> Hey Chile-heads,
>
> Any one have a recipe for a chile based bacon cure?
> I bought a 16 pound piece of fresh pork belly that
> I trimmed of the skin and divided by three.
> Two five (approximate) pound pieces went into the making
> of pancetta,  the third I would reserve for experimentation.
> I thought of Thai or Chinese spices but I'm not quite sure
> how I would use it after it was cured.
>
> Oh yeah.... one more thing.... any one have a good recipe for
> spicy pig skin? :-)

Try my friend Dave Sacerdote's blog. He has been futzing about with
bacon cures, etc. lately and post some interesting things on the
National Cooking Echo. Anything of his experiments he post on the echo
are also on his blog.

http://davescupboard.blogspot.com

--
ENJOY!!!

 From Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchen
Home of YAHOOOOAHHHH Hot Sauce & Hardin Cider