Re: [CH] Soil

Jim Graham (spooky130@cox.net)
Tue, 29 Apr 2008 18:11:21 -0500

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 06:25:28PM -0400, Byron wrote:
(in another e-mail, I wrote:)
>> Any suggestions on what to use to re-vitalize the soil?

> My  method  is  to  add  compost/manure/leaves/grass clippings (from a
> NON-roundup  lawn )/Veggie Kitchen scraps (no meat,  except buried
> deep)

Veggie/kitchen scraps (including coffee grinds, right?)...no problem.
Those are easy enough to re-direct....

> Add  all  minerals  plus  tilth.

What minerals, and what is tilth?  Never heard of it before.

> HTH

So do I...some of the tabascos do appear to be coming back (some of the
seedlings from seeds planted a few weeks ago are starting to break the
surface, too).  Some of the tabascos have new plants growing under where
the other plants' branches were...one is clearly attached to the old
plant, so I *KNOW* it's tabasco...the others I'm not sure about, but
until I see otherwise, I'll assume they're tabasco plants and allow
them to stick around.

Gotta go...timer for my pizza (home-made, as usual) just went off...
gotta check it, turn it, etc.

Thanks,
   --jim