RE: [CH] cajohn...

Rich Stevens (rstevens15@verizon.net)
Tue, 10 Jun 2008 23:02:30 -0400

Not a shill for MS, but with Outlook 2007, and I think earlier versions as
well, under Tools, Options, Mail Format,  there is a choice: HTML, Rich
Text, Plain Text.  Whatever you choose, all your e-mail is sent out in that
format.  Seems simple enough to me.

Rich Stevens  http://mysite.verizon.net/rstevens15
Photo Trend Enterprises- A Restaurant Service Company

“Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the
pig.”  - Robert Heinlein

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com
[mailto:owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com] On Behalf Of Jim Graham
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 9:27 PM
To: Chile Heads
Subject: Re: [CH] cajohn...

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 07:21:09PM -0500, Dave Drum wrote:

> Me neither - but, I am smart enough to not accept anything that
> Micro$not has a hand in at face value. And to always locate
> alternative utilities and applications which work better and faster.

For e-mail, I've been using mutt since somewhere around version 0.6
(ca. 1995, give or take a year or two).  I wouldn't consider switching
to anything else unless I was forced to use an M$ system for e-mail,
and even then, I seem to recall seeing a POP3 grabber, procmail (not
so sure on this one...don't know if I could live w/o procmail), and
mutt, all packages for Cygwin.....

> But, I've been doing this since Bill Gates was a snot-nosed chump who
> didn't bathe nearly often enough - back in the wood fired, steam
> powered, belt drive days of S-100 bus computers, TRaSh-80s and Commode
> Door 64s.   Bv)=

I haven't been around computers and the nets quite that long....  I
started out while in college at Texas A&M.  I remember Bitnet, Texnet
(which was renamed from something else...but I don't remember what it
was called before), and, of course, Arpanet.  I remember when I was
first told that it'd been renamed to Internet.  My reaction:  "Oh,
what a dumb name!"

I haven't seen Bitnet, Texnet, (not to mention Archie servers), etc.,
since then.  I did have a newsfeed (via UUCP) from a public access
Unix or two.

Well, that was fun (the memories, that is)!

Later,
   --jim

--
73 DE N5IAL (/4)        | DMR: So fsck was originally called
spooky130@cox.net       |      something else.