Re: [CH] OT me & Bumblebee

Rael64 (z42dkm@yahoo.com)
Thu, 12 Jun 2008 05:27:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hey, that reminds me...(again, not advocating additives, much less having a lard arse...or middle...whatever...)

While I do not consider myself in any way overweight (140 pounds, 5'6"), and am quite active (run, bike, yoga, weights), I nonetheless have a bit of a 'paunch'.  Not huge, but while I haven't had my body fat checked in years, I figure the majority of "extra" is around the middle.

(I was 8-percent in 1998, but that was only 3 years sober, and I had put ON weight; the 'paunch' first developed after 4 months on a 5000kcal diet in my attempts to become a really short power lifter; was up to 175 :)

But the point is: the defining of "extra".  I now believe we (male and female) are smart to have a bit of padding around the organs.  About a year ago, I was coming in on my bike (bicycle) after a nice 40-ish mile ride, cruising down the street on the campus here, doing about 18-20 mph.  A vehicle coming from the other direction stopped to turn left, across my lane (we were on an east/west road; no stop/yield for us; a 'T' intersection).  She sat as I approached; I watched, cautiously, and just as I entered the intersection; she turned.  I slammed into the passenger side of her vehicle doing 17-18 mpg, taking out her passenger window and ramming my left abdomen/rear back (think kidneys and ribs....yum!) into the door and the passenger side mirror.

Had a helmet on (smart boy!), and actually came through with little injury at all, which is the point:  I did have some massive pain and swelling in my left side for more than a few weeks.  Did feel like shit.  Did not destroy any internal organs much less ribs.  My theory is that little bit o' padding around the middle was my saving grace, as it were.

So, like, who knows what's good or bad?  I figure it's all relative.

No, it's actually all relative to me.  The world, I mean.  So, this coming election, vote for Rael.

Shorter work week.
Taxation of the really rich.
Strong home guard.
Assassination *will* be on the table, always.
Truth in labeling.
Free bicycles for all
(which you'll be happy for because I will raise the taxes on gasoline for all non-commercial transport use).

Peace, Hendrix, and Chiles.......
President Rael