Re: [CH] The Colonel's Recipies

CH2060@xemaps.com
Mon, 16 Jun 2008 21:42:54 -0400

Mark,
Re:   The message you sent that I am replying to now.
You sent one message to the CH list and one directly to me.
The one that you sent to me was in both text plus *HTML*
Globalgarden will reject all email that has any HTML in it
    -- without any notification of such.

I have Thunderbird.  I clicked   View >> Message Source  and saw the HTML.
For anyone that suspects that some of their messages are not getting
thru, try this test.

     Simply Cc yourself on the email to the CH list.
     You should receive the Cc in seconds to a minute.
     Open it up and do a Message Source on it.
     If you see such as  < H T M L   < B o d y   and/or  < H e a d
     then you actually sent it in H T M L,which won't get through.
     (Ignore the spaces in the above '<' items.)

When composing an email in T'bird,  I can help insure text-only by clicking
      Options >> Format >> Plain Text Only.
If with your browser you are given a choice of
      o Text    o H T M L/RTF     o Both
Only click Text -- never Both
The last part of your message contained
(Obmitted - I couldn't send this part to the list.)

AndyB

=Mark wrote:

   > On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 08:45:00 -0400, Jonathan Smillie wrote
   > >Is anybody else finding (or suspecting) that they're not getting all
of the messages sent to the list?

   > > For example, with this thread I got Sandy's reply about the
Colonel's recipes (and thanks be to the Gods of> chile, I found =Mark's
page with his list!) but I never saw a post from Andy announcing an
archive of them to begin with.

   > > I have also recently found that my mail client (Mozilla
Thunderbird) is tagging some (but not all) messages from the list as
junk. So I've been getting only about half of some recent threads - not
that, in some cases, that has been a bad thing...

   > > Finally, I note (and this may be default behavior) that I don't see
the messages I send to the list - I only >know if they made it when
someone responds.