RE: [CH] List Future

Riley J. McIntire (Riley@ChileGarden.com)
Tue, 17 Jun 2008 10:59:30 -0700

Tue 6/17/2008 9:45 AM spake thusly on Tuesday, June 17, 2008 9:45 AM:

> On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 12:34:13PM -0400, =Mark wrote:
>> On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 09:29:24 -0700 (PDT), Tina Brooks wrote
>>> And having a self-policing sans admin listserv on autopilot is a bad
>>> thing why?
>
> Who said the list is on auto-pilot?  It's running just like every
> other list I've been on....  The list owner maintains the systems
> side of the list, and may or may not be a member of the list itself.

I _think_ Mike is a member--might not read the list daily, tho.

> E-mail about problems with the list is sent to the list owner, not to
> the list (folks on the list can't do squat about it).

Mike contacted me, hmmm, maybe 6 months ago, for bounces. I fixed the
problem (on my end), and subbed with an additional gmail account.

> ...unless someone reports the problem to the list owner, thus letting
> them KNOW that there's a problem so they can do something about it.

However, using his preferred address, I've contacted him and had no
response. But I do not think that was the list-owner one. Don't have it
handy to check.

Riley
--
"To be interested in the changing seasons is a
happier state of mind than to be hopelessly in