Re: [CH] Card Numbers, back to kudos

Jonathan Smillie (jonathan.smillie@gmail.com)
Fri, 20 Jun 2008 09:53:37 -0400

Alex Silbajoris wrote:
>> From: knoxbill@comcast.net
>>

>> where in southern indiana?...
>>

> And can I take the Chief White Eyes Trail to get there?
>
> It's ironic that mild-mannered Indiana would feature so prominently in the CH world.
>
> On the topic of list history, the first CH event I ever went to was the first Madison hotluck and festival.  It was promoted on the list after other events in the east and west, and I thought southern Indiana was a reasonable distance from central Ohio.  So it was that I met Jim Campbell, after knowing him on the list I stepped up to his Mild to Wild table and introduced myself.
>
> As they say, "Have you met in person someone who you first met online" and Jim was the first of many fantastic people I have met through the list, and the MSN group.  Hell yes this list has changed my life.  Otherwise, I'd be alone in my weird behavior, thinking I must be the only one who does this.
>
> Oh, and I have card 005

> Earn cashback on your purchases with Live Search - the search that pays you back!
> http://search.live.com/cashback/?&pkw=form=MIJAAF/publ=HMTGL/crea=earncashback

Jeffersonville, just north of the Ohio River and Louisville. About an
hour south of Jim Campbell territory, and the same southwest of the
Madison hotluck.

Sandy O. (moderate in more things than just chiles) made the valuable
suggestion that fall, rather than late August, might be a better time
for a hotluck- it does, after all, get mighty hot here in the later
summer. So I'm open to whichever dates work for the most people...