[CH] I suppose it had to happen...spam on the list :-(

Jim Graham (spooky130@cox.net)
Sat, 21 Jun 2008 14:18:59 -0500

I got FOUR of these right back to back.  The first two were nuked as
spam (HTML only ... automatically labelled as spam and nuked, leaving
only an entry in the system logs).

How the other two made it to the list, I don't know...but I know what
I'm about to do about it (see below, but first, a bit of fun).

Subject: Re: [CH] Linda  sent you a friend request on Tagged :)

On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 11:53:24AM -0700, Linda Broglan wrote:
> If you can't see this email please click here

Silly spammer!  If we can't see your e-mail, we can't see your words
telling us to click the mouse on "here".  :-)

> Is Linda your friend?

Spammers are not my friends...ever.

> Click Yes if Linda is your friend, otherwise click No.
> But you have to click!

I think not.  I'm not in the mood to put up all of the extra screens
(inbound and outbound), etc.....  Besides, clicking on a random word
in an xterm window (unless the version of Mutt I'm using was compiled
with S-Lang, which it wasn't) would be useless.  I'd have to fire up
Mozilla for that.

> Please respond or Linda may think you said no :(

I did say no...weren't you reading?  Stupid spammers.

> Click here to block all emails from Tagged Inc., 110 Pacific Mall Box
> #117, San Francisco, CA. 94111

No, I have a better idea...I just added this to ~/.procmailrc:

---------------------------  CUT HERE  ---------------------------
:0:
* ^(To|From|Cc).*taggedmail.com
definitely_spam_taggedmail.com

:0:
* ^Subject.*friend request.*Tagged
definitely_spam_taggedmail.com

Later,
   --jim

--
73 DE N5IAL (/4)            MiSTie #49997      < Running FreeBSD 6.1 >
spooky130@cox.net || j.graham@ieee.org  ICBM/Hurr.: 30.39735N 86.60439W