[CH] Re: List Members [was Ponderings]

Rob Solarion (solarion@sbcglobal.net)
Sat, 21 Jun 2008 20:01:27 -0500

Good Evening!  I read some of the earlier messages today, and Linda
wondered how many subscribers there are to the list.  As a former
Majordomo list-owner myself, I knew the command to send to find out
who is on these lists.  But, alas, either the elusive moderator Mike
has configured it so that only he can see the subscribers (but in
that case I'd have gotten a different response from the Majordomo,
something like "not authorized to view") or the Majordomo listserver
itself is confused about the command.  Who is the "owner" of
"globalgarden.com"?

At any rate, here is the failure notice that I got when I sent the
"who" command, and this is followed by the failure notice that I got
when I sent the second "lists" command.  The "lists" command is
supposed to tell you the names of all the lists that are hosted by
the particular Majordomo, in this case "globalgarden.com"; and I know
from past experience that there are tomato lists and others.  So ...
something is screwy here.  My advice is to carry on as usual, until
globalgarden.com itself ceases to exist, in which case there will be
no more list messages; and people will notice at once.  I myself have
a lot of digests archived in a special folder, for various reasons
(but I don't archive all the digests, by any means), and I'm sure
that a lot of you have messages/digests archived on your own
computers.  I would suggest that if/when globalgarden.com ever ceases
to exist, some of us get together and establish an alternate list at
Google Groups.  We could reassemble and resub most of the people
who've been sub'ed here for a long time, just from our own archives.

The two failure notices follow.  Y'all have a pleasant weekend and
summertime!  Rob

*