RE: [CH] Bugs

RLRuss (rlruss@mindspring.com)
Sun, 22 Jun 2008 19:44:04 -0400

There's an image of a nymph down the page a bit that looks a lot like your
bug. Beth told me there were a bunch of variants, but they all seem to look
similar - color differences, some with red abs and some yellow, some with
small thoraxes, etc. The pic I saw was dated 11.7.2005, btw.

Hope this helps!

RLRuss

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com
[mailto:owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com] On Behalf Of Jim Graham
Sent: Sunday, June 22, 2008 7:32 PM
To: chile-heads@globalgarden.com
Subject: Re: [CH] Bugs

On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 07:19:00PM -0400, RLRuss wrote:

> This site has a pic of a Wheel bug nymph that looks a lot like your
> critter..
>
> http://www.whatsthatbug.com/assassin.html

You're talking about the one posted by Peter Leahy on 08 Jul 2008,
right?  Yeah, that does look like it, except much skinnier, and
also assuming that the shadow around the back of the abdomen is
NOT part of the bug (i.e., assuming it's something in the background).
Perhaps the ones I saw were just well-fed.  :-)

Later,
   --jim

--
73 DE N5IAL (/4)        | Remember your spelling rules, including:
spooky130@cox.net       |   I before E except after C