RE: [CH] Bugs

RLRuss (rlruss@mindspring.com)
Tue, 24 Jun 2008 07:13:02 -0400

I think Beth in Texas has nailed it...I looked up her bug and compared;
she's probably right. If they are, then you would be wise to try to get rid
of 'em.

RLRuss

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com
[mailto:owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com] On Behalf Of Beth in Texas
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2008 10:57 PM
To: Jim Graham
Cc: chile-heads@globalgarden.com
Subject: Re: [CH] Bugs

Greetings from Texas, Jim:

Those updated photos help.  I think that you have a buXXload of the
Leaf-Footed Bug. He's a bad guy but not as bad as stink bugs, at least
in my garden.  When I first started noticing them years ago, I was
thinking they were Assassin Bug juveniles but they did not grow up that
way.  I can see the "leaf foot" starting to develop on the older teens.
I have not experienced noticeable damage from them but I do know they
can get out of control and I try to nab them in the juvenile stage with
Neem but there are soooooooooo many of them! I started early this year
and their population is minimal so there is plenty of hope to ward off
the nuisance. They get trapped under my shade house when they fly and
navigate into my hair. YIKES!

Various stages of the Leaf-Footed Bug:
http://tinyurl.com/5z32gx

Tamp 'em down now or you will have billions!!!! ;-)

Beth in Texas