Re: [CH] poblano soup

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@shaw.ca)
Fri, 01 Aug 2008 13:15:50 -0700

Jeff Schickowski wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 1:53 PM, =Mark <mstevens@exit109.com> wrote:
>> I've been a porco-bovo vegetarian for some years, and it hasn't helped the
>> cholesterol much...
>>

> I've been more of a minimo-lacto omnivarian* for a while now. My
> cholesterol's fine but could use a little less "me" in places ;)
>
> (Eat little dairy but pretty much everything else)

Now my problem is that I am lactose intolerant. My poor mother one day
when I was about 12 decided that even if I didn't like milk, I was going
to drink a glass. She insisted that I do so, or I would sit there until
I did. So, down the hatch! About 5 minutes later, up it came along with
all the rest of the meal! All over the floor! That was the last time she
insisted that I drink milk! Now, of course, I can get Lactaid milk,
which we do, and which I can tolerate. Sour cream makes me ill almost
immediately, even a small amount. 70 years later I can still remember
that incident! Cheese, as long as it is hard and aged causes me no
problems. Soft cream cheese does. Simple to avoid those things that
disagree with one, though!
Cheers, Doug in BC