Re: [CH] Harissa

Linda Hutchinson (lipant@sympatico.ca)
Thu, 11 Sep 2008 17:25:23 -0400

Thanks, that makes sense.

----- Original Message -----
From: Tina Brooks
To: Linda Hutchinson
Cc: chile Heads
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2008 4:57 PM
Subject: Re: [CH] Harissa

Hi Linda,

 I can tell you why THIS particular recipe calls for dried chillies...

 Fresh chilies contain water and water and oil do not mix; it is a botulism
hazard. Anything "wet" in this recipe would be dangerous if kept longer than
a certain period of time.

 You COULD mix this recipe using fresh chillies, but you would never want to
keep it longer than a few days because of the aforementioned risk.

 Tina Brooks
 VP Marketing, Peppermaster(TM) Hot Sauces
 http://www.peppermaster.com
 Brooks Pepperfire Foods Inc.
 http://www.pepperfire.ca

 Phone: (514) 393-3430
 26 St. Jean Baptiste, East
 Rigaud, Quebec, Canada
 J0P 1P0

 Network with me on http://www.gourmetbusinessforum.com/

 "Many persons have a wrong idea of what constitutes true happiness. It is
not attained through self-gratification but through fidelity to a worthy
purpose. Helen Keller"