RE: [CH] angry jalapenos

Alex Silbajoris (asilbajo@hotmail.com)
Tue, 23 Sep 2008 12:44:35 +0000

> From: jim@mail.wildpepper.com

>I've been made to look pretty foolish on more than one
> occasion with actions that start off with saying 'it's only a jalapeno' :-)

When our family took a vacation to the Black Hills in 1977, we stopped at a Mexican restaurant in Minnesota.  We were still new to the cuisine then, and Dad took a bite of a jalapeno that was served on the side.  It blew his head off!  He was gasping for about 20 minutes.

Maybe this is another example of hot dry growing conditions = hot pods.  This was a nasty year for gardening, another case of the rains pretty much stopping between July and September.  Anything not watered just fried in the dryness.