Re: [CH] Pollo Fundido

Dave Drum (dirty_dave@chillicooks.org)
Sat, 27 Dec 2008 20:16:53 -0600

Terry Pogue wrote:

> Anyone have a recipe or make Pollo Fundido? I've never had it but I have
> a cooking friend who loves it and needs the recipe. I'm interested too
> since it's not something I have ever seen offered.

Google is yer friend:

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.06

       Title: Pollo Fundido
  Categories: Poultry, Latino, Chilies
       Yield: 5 servings

MMMMM--------------------------FILLING-------------------------------
       1 md Red onion
       1    Red pepper
       1    Green pepper
       2 lb Chicken breasts; boned
     1/4 ts Ground cumin
     1/4 ts Chilli seasoning mix
            Garlic, salt, pepper
            Hot sauce (to taste)
      12 sm Flour tortillas
       2 c  Vegetable oil

MMMMM---------------------------SAUCE--------------------------------
       4 oz Cream cheese
     1/2 c  Sour cream
       1    Jalapeņo
     1/4 c  Half-and-half
       1 ts Chopped garlic
       1 c  Grated monterey jack and
            Cheddar cheese blend

   1. Dice your peppers, onion,and the chicken.

   2. Add seasonings.

   3. Cook in a saucepan until vegetables are soft and the
   chicken is fully cooked.

   4. Remove from heat.

   5. If you have a deep fryer start to heat it up.

   6. If you don't, use a big pot and heat the 2 cups of vegetable oil.

   7. You will be deep frying!

   8. (Tip: Flour tortillas are easier to work with when they are warm)

   9. Fill the tortillas with the chicken mixture and roll.

   10. (Tip: You might want to use tooth picks to keep the tortillas
   closed in the deep fryer).

   11. Place the filled tortilla in the deep fryer until crispy and
   brown.

   12. When done place on a paper towel to soak some of the grease.

   13. Put the finished tortillas in a baking dish large enough to
   fit all 12; set aside.

   14. Preheat oven to 325°F.

   15. To make filling: In a blender, Put the cream cheese, sour
   cream, half& half, garlic, and Jalapeņo blend until creamy.

   16. Spoon the mixture over the tortillas, until covered sprinkle
   cheese on top.

   17. Bake in oven until the cheese has melted.

   18. Great with Mexican rice!

   FROM: http://www.recipezaar.com/Pollo-Fundido

   SERVES 5

   MM Format by Dave Drum - 27 December 2008

   Uncle Dirty Dave's Archives

MMMMM

--
ENJOY!!!

 From Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchen
Home of YAHOOOOAHHHH Hot Sauce & Hardin Cider

... As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to
give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.
-- Hagar the Horrible