Re: [CH] Test

Terry Pogue (tpogue@comcast.net)
Fri, 16 Jan 2009 13:41:44 -0500

Hmmm, Maybe I should post my Green Chile recipe that I use for just
about everything. I used it to make Chicken enchiladas on New Years. I
haven't made them since then and I'm getting hungry for them again.
Obviously they are not super hot but they are super good.
terry

Green Chile - From The Range Cafe
Recipe By: Raven
Published in: The Range Cafe - Santa Fe

Ingredients

	1 1/2	pounds	mild green New Mexico chiles* -- roasted, peeled, seeded
and
	 		chopped to measure 2 cups
	3/4	pounds	hot green New Mexico chiles -- roasted, peeled, seeded and
	 		chopped to measure 1 cup
	4	cup	chicken stock
	2/3	cup	white onion -- diced
	1/2	teaspoons	ground cumin
	6	clove	garlic -- minced
	1 1/2	teaspoons	kosher salt
	2	tablespoons	lard
	3	tablespoons	all-purpose flour

Instructions

Place all ingredients except the lard and flour in a large saucepan
over medium heat. Simmer uncovered, stirring frequently until juice
has thickened, about 20 to 30 minutes.

Make a roux with the lard and flour and brown slightly in a saucepan
over medium heat.

Add 1/2 cup of the green chile mixture to the roux and whisk
thoroughly. Add the roux to the remaining chile mixture and cook over
low heat until the sauce thickens and the flour taste disappears,
about 15 minutes. Adjust salt to taste.

* may use all hot chiles if desired

Recipe Notes

I used one pound of Hatch Green Chiles
3 Cups of chicken stock
2 garlic cloves
The rest of the ingredients were all the same.

After adding the roux which I cooked to a medium brown, I added about
3 Tablespoons of water just to get the consistency just right.

Printed from A Cook's Books -- Recipe management for Macintosh
http://www.terryanddave.com/Terry
"My idea of pure heaven is to spend a day in the kitchen, peeling,
chopping, and stirring while the words of a good book fill the air
around me." Ruth Reichl