Re: [CH] Chile Lime Tequila Popcorn

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@shaw.ca)
Sun, 22 Feb 2009 16:13:12 -0800

RisaG wrote:
> Does anyone else get the emails from 101 Cookbooks by Heidi Swanson? I got the latest email and it was a blog about a book on Popcorn. The recipe she included was a Chile Lime Popcorn. I have to make this stuff. It sounds terrific. Mmmm...I know what I'm eating with my next movie!
>
>  http://www.101cookbooks.com/archives/print/chile-lime-tequila-popcorn-recipe.html
>   RisaG

Yep, me too, Risa! I almost made it this afternoon, but got caught up in
something else, however tomorrow is another day!
Being retired has it's advantages! I have sent that 101 Cookbooks to
Rain, as I know she is strictly vegetarian. Apart from that the recipes
are always great, and I have done quite a few of them.  Tonight we are
having Japanese eggplant in a Sesame Ginger sauce, along with steamed
asparagus....mmmmm good!
At a local Salvation Army thrift shop, I found an almost new Panasonic
Fuzzy Logic rice steamer, paid 13 bucks for it. When I looked it up on
line, I found that those little gadgets sell for anywhere from 200 to
400 bucks!  Bought a book, the Ultimate Rice Cooker Cookbook, with loads
of recipes. Kind of amusing is the fact that the  book  was almost
exactly  twice as  much
as we paid for the rice cooker!  this fuzzy logic bit is amazing, it
judges how much and what kind of thing is in the cooker, and governs
time accordingly.
So, as we had meat for breakfast, we shall go meatless for dinner!
Cheers, Doug in BC whose nose is dripping off after eating a handful of
Blairs' Death Rain Habanero potato chips!! :-))