Re: [CH] Chains pepper menus with new spicy dishes

Dave Drum (dirty_dave@chillicooks.org)
Thu, 05 Mar 2009 10:13:52 -0600

Linda Hutchinson wrote:

> Interesting, even if most of these chains aren't mostly in Canada!

> Burger King's Angry Whopper, which debuted in January and is available
> through March 30, is a spicy version of the Miami-based chain's signature
> sandwich. The burger boasts onions, jalapenos, pepper jack cheese, bacon,
> tomatoes, lettuce, mayonnaise and "Angry sauce" on a sesame seed bun.

I tried one. It wasn't even moderately pissed off. The angry sauce is
a freakin' joke ... more sweet than pungent. The only saving is some
canned, pickled jalapenos which are very mildly interesting.

Wendy's Spicy Baconater was (note the PAST tense) *MUCH* better.
Sadly, it's not available any more and the regular Wendy's Baconater
is an obscene joke on the tastebuds of the fast food public.

My local Q-Doba just give me a blank look and a shrug when I ask about
Chile Verde. I ain't moving to Colorado just for that. Hell, they
don't even have a newspaper anymore.

An aside to Doug and Marie - I can't imagine doing anything for 60
years. Even the most pleasurable things in the world. Congratulations
on your stubbornness if nothing else.   Bv)=

--
ENJOY!!!

 From Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchen
Home of YAHOOOOAHHHH Hot Sauce & Hardin Cider

... To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state. -- Johann
Wolfgang von Goethe