Re: [CH] mint for the new potatoes

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@shaw.ca)
Mon, 06 Jul 2009 08:10:33 -0700

Tom Greaves wrote:
> Doug, I still have some of your recipes from way back when.  What is
> this one?

Hi Tom....not really a recipe, just a method. Here in British Columbia
first off in the spring when potatoes are just forming and are about 2"
in diameter, they are dug up and put out for sale at most supermarkets.
None of these little gems exceed 3" in size, and they are boiled until
just cooked, in the skin and served with fresh mint and butter, salt &
freshly ground pepper. Nirvana!! Of course, I can't resist sprinkling
them with a VERY light dusting of my current chili grind! Too much
detracts from the flavor of the little taters, and as they are only
around for a very short time and go for about a buck a lb they are
enjoyed for their own inimitable flavor.  MMMMM good!
Doug, who is gonna have some tonight with smoked salmon and a hot
avocado guac! Hot as in a couple of serranos chopped into it!