Re: [CH] For Peter H

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@shaw.ca)
Thu, 17 Sep 2009 19:09:01 -0700

Byron wrote:
> For  CH  event     I  fly  out  of  a  place  a  few  hundred  miles
> north east of  you.  flying  to  the event  prevents  tables, grills
> and extra  food,   You  don't  know  how  bad  I  feel because  I
> can't  contribute  something .
>

> Byron

Byron, please knock off that nonsense! At least, even if you are
younger, and in worse shape lung wise, at least you will be able to get
there! I would lover to be able to attend OF and Jim has been bugging me
for years. Seems that when I was able physically, a family thing always
got in the way. Now, sadly, due to a fall at a major new style
department store, where I tripped over something which should not have
been where it was, I am somewhat incapacitated. I ended up with whip
lash, frozen shoulder, and 3 stitches in the old noggin. Still getting
headaches from this kissing a concrete floor, and due to the company's
adjuster offering no money for my injuries, I have been forced to hire a
solicitor to go after them. So that will take up a great deal of time
this fall, and likely for a lot longer. At 83, I hope I outlast them!!!
Anyway, Byron and all others who are going to get together at that
unknown field in that unknown State for Open Fields that Jim Campbell
opens up every year due to the goodness of his heart, so that all and
sundry can have free peppers, I truly hope that all will enjoy a great
Open Fields this year.
Cheers, from old Doug on Vancouver Island BC