Re: [CH] pumpkin chocolate chip recipe

Dave Drum (dirty_dave@chillicooks.org)
Mon, 16 Nov 2009 19:53:20 -0600

Karen Elizabeth Stober wrote:
> I am looking for a recipe for pumpkin chocolate chip cake.  Would
> chipotle in adobo go well in it?

I don't see any reason that some chile would not go well in a
chocolate-pumpkin cake. I dunno about the smokiness of the chipotle.
But, the heat would/should work well.

Here's a couple recipes ... I've made the second (and you can make the
glaze in the nuker). I've had the first at my sister's one Winter
Solstice Feast day. I'm not a big fan of cheesecake - but, this was
decent.

MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.06

       Title: Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cheesecake
  Categories: Cheesecake, Chocolate, Squash, Desserts
       Yield: 11 servings

MMMMM---------------------------CRUST *-----------------------------
       1 c  Vanilla wafer crumbs
     1/4 c  Hershey's cocoa
     1/4 c  Powdered sugar
     1/4 c  Butter; melted

MMMMM--------------------------FILLING------------------------------
      24 oz Cream cheese; (3 packets)
            - softened
       1 c  Sugar
       3 tb All-purpose flour
       1 ts Pumpkin pie spice
       1 c  Canned pumpkin puree
       4    Eggs
   1 1/2 c  Mini chips semi-sweet
            - chocolate
            Chocolate leaves **

   * CHOCOLATE COOKIE CRUST: Heat oven to 350oF. In medium
   bowl, stir together 1 cup vanilla wafer crumbs (about 30
   wafers), 1/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa, 1/4 cup powdered sugar
   and 1/4 cup melted butter. Press mixture firmly onto
   bottom and 1/2 inch up side of 9" springform pan. Bake 8
   minutes; cool slightly.

   Increase oven to 400oF. In large mixer bowl, beat cream
   cheese, sugar, flour and pumpkin pie spice until well
   blended. Add pumpkin and eggs; beat until well blended.
   Stir in small chocolate chips; pour batter into prepared
   crust. Bake 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 250oF;
   continue baking 50 minutes. Remove from oven to wire rack.
   With knife, loosen cake from side of pan. Cool completely;
   remove side of pan. Refrigerate before serving. Prepare and
   garnish with CHOCOLATE LEAVES, if desired.

   ** CHOCOLATE LEAVES: Thoroughly wash and dry several non-
   toxic leaves. In small microwave-safe bowl, place 1/2 cup
   HERSHEY'S MINI CHIPS Semi-Sweet Chocolate. Microwave at
   HIGH (100%) 30 to 45 seconds or until smooth when stirred.
   With small soft-bristled pastry brush, brush melted chocolate
   on backs of leaves. (Avoid getting chocolate on leaf front;
   removal may be difficult when chocolate hardens.) Place on
   wax paper-covered cookie sheet; refrigerate until very firm.
   Beginning at stem, carefully pull green leaves from chocolate
   leaves; refrigerate until ready to use.

   Hershey's is a registered trademark of Hershey Foods
   Corporation. Recipe may be reprinted courtesy of the
   Hershey Kitchens.

   Cover; refrigerate leftover cheesecake.

   10 to 12 servings

   Recipe by: www.hersheys.com

   From: http://www.recipesource.com

   Uncle Dirty Dave's Archives

MMMMM
MMMMM----- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.06

       Title: Pumpkin Bundt Cake w/Chocolate Glaze
  Categories: Cakes, Chocolate, Squash, Desserts
       Yield: 11 servings

       3 c  Flour
       1 tb Baking powder
       2 ts Soda
       2 ts Pumpkin pie spice
       1 ts Salt
       4 lg Eggs
       1 c  Sugar
       1 c  Light brown sugar; packed
      16 oz Pureed cooked pumpkin
       1 c  Oil
       1 c  Chocolate morsels

MMMMM--------------------------GLAZE--------------------------------
       1 tb Butter
       1 oz Unsweetened chocolate
       1 ds Salt
     1/2 ts Vanilla
   1 1/4 c  Powdered sugar
       2 tb Milk; or as needed

   THE CAKE: Sift the flour, baking powder, soda, pumpkin
   pie spice and salt together; set aside. Beat the eggs
   until frothy; add the sugars. Beat until very thick.
   Stir in the pumpkin and oil, until smooth. Blend flour
   mixture thoroughly into the creamed mixture. Stir in
   chocolate chips (morsels).

   Pour into a greased and floured 10" bundt pan. Bake in
   preheated 350oF oven for about one hour or until cake
   tester inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool
   for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.

   Cool completely on a wire rack. Drizzle the glaze over
   the cake.

   THE CHOCOLATE GLAZE: Melt the butter and chocolate, in a
   small saucepan over low heat; stir in salt and vanilla. Add
   the confectioners' sugar with enough milk to make the glaze
   thin enough to drizzle over the cake.

   Note: This cake will keep well for several months in the
   freezer.

   From: http://www.recipesource.com

   Uncle Dirty Dave's Archives

MMMMM

--
ENJOY!!!

 From Uncle Dirty Dave's Kitchen
Home of YAHOOOOAHHHH Hot Sauce & Hardin Cider

... The will to be stupid is a very powerful force, but there are
always alternatives. -- Lois McMaster Bujold