Re: [CH] bhut jolokias (Weaponized)

Punto (punto@inch.com)
Sat, 27 Mar 2010 20:15:41 -0400

This morning, I was listening to the NPR program "Wait, wait, don't tell
me", which is sort of a cross between John Stewart and a quiz show. They
have a segment where someone who calls in has to listen to three bizarre
"news stories" and pick out which of them is actually true. This week's
theme was something like "unusual or unintended uses of food". One the
stories had something to do with jock straps made from pork rind (why am
I suddenly having thoughts of Rael, someone whom I have never met?),
another was some sort of new-age-y retreat (they dropped in the name and
location - Kripalu in Stockbridge, Mass. - for verisimilitude) that was
immersing people in various purees for cleansing purposes, if I am
recalling correctly and the third item was the bhut grenade account.To
reveal what the correct answer, they had the assistant editor (I forget
her name) on another line.

I listen to this show pretty regularly and they do seem to turn up a
fair amount of stories pertaining to chiles being used unusually or
stupidly around the world. Just felt the need to share this with the
rest of the heads.

Peter H.