RE: [CH] What spices were in Calvin's Powder?

Frank J. Hashek (fhashek@comcast.net)
Mon, 5 Apr 2010 19:06:27 -0400

I sent out a copy of Calvin's recipe, with his notes to everyone who wrote
so far (20 people) and will send out another batch (or 3) when others write.

I recall finding Calvin's powder to be excellent on fresh fruit, especially
pineapple.

I think that the sweet and fruity flavor from the Rocotos probably formed
the basis of the flavor in Calvin's blend.  Maybe Jim and some of the others
in the supply side of the business might comment after reading the list of
ingredients.

Just to stir the pot a bit, I think that Calvin's powder would be suitable
for the Moderate Corps as well.  While it was pleasantly warm, I do not
remember it being fiery hot.  It was the flavor that made it so addictive.

Perhaps someone might find a place to archive this, so it is available in
the future.

Blue skies,
Frank