RE: [CH] Chile-Heads Digest V8 #1002

Rich Stevens (rstevens15@verizon.net)
Wed, 07 Apr 2010 17:37:40 -0400

Those gloves should work, unless they are exceptionally thin. An industrial
supply store will have latex and nitrile gloves in thicknesses from  9 mil
to 60 mil. You could also try latex/nitrile compound gloves, neoprene,
butyl, Viton, PVA coated, and silver film gloves. Most come in varying
thicknesses. Be sure that you are not contaminating your hands before you
put on the gloves just by handling the intact peppers. There's little worse
that putting on impervious gloves with a caustic or allergenic substance on
your hands. Be sure that you don't have a latex or other allergy.

Rich Stevens  http://mysite.verizon.net/rstevens15
Photo Trend Enterprises- A Restaurant Service Company

"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a
damn fool about it."   -W.C. Fields

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com
[mailto:owner-chile-heads@globalgarden.com] On Behalf Of Sterling Kaiser
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2010 3:53 PM
To: Chile-Heads Digest
Cc: chile-heads-digest@globalgarden.com
Subject: Re: [CH] Chile-Heads Digest V8 #1002

Hey guys. I have a question for anybody who plays with or grows any of
the super hot peppers. I have some latex gloves, and nitrile gloves,
and have doubled up with them on occasion, and still get the "hot
hands". Anybody know a secret, or know the brand or type of gloves I
may have overlooked?

Sterling Kaiser