[CH] Fw: The Calvin Powder Look Alike Tasting is Sunday

Tom Greaves (tomg@airmail.net)
Thu, 15 Apr 2010 17:42:09 -0500

Resent in Plain Text format.
----- Original Message -----
From: Tom Greaves
To: chile-heads@GlobalGarden.com
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2010 5:37 PM
Subject: The Calvin Powder Look Alike Tasting is Sunday

We finally found Rocotos (a key ingredient for the blend), sniffed all 26
potential chiles and proposed a blend.  Here is the blend that we have the
most hope for:

20%Rocoto/Manzano
10%Red Savina Habanero
10%Chinese
10%Tepin - wild
10%Aji Amarillo
10%Cayenne
10%New Mexican
10%Thai (Bird)
10%Tabasco

We have some similar blends that we will try that do not contain the Tepin
($12 for 1/4 ounce).

We have several non-Calvin related that we will try because we think they
have potential (one taster is a SandyO moderate).  We have to wait until
Sunday to get everyone together for the tasting and then try the results on
a steak cookout.

We have a bunch of ideas for the future using ground chocolate flavor coffee
(for a breakfast blend), powdered bananas (for cereal), powdered Real Lemon
(TM) for fruit and drinks.

My daughter has a talent for describing aromas.  We are documenting all 26
aromas as we feel that and the heat are the major decision factors in a
blend.

Please feel free to use any of this info as you see fit as we do not intend
to do anything commercial.

Here are the other non-Calvin recipes for Sunday:

    Tom's Veggie Powder
 5 %  Naga Morich
10%Red Savina Habanero
10%Chipotle Chili Powder