Re: [CH] "Vinegar Powder"

AndyB (CH2060@xemaps.com)
Mon, 13 Sep 2010 19:42:07 -0400

  Rich,

Thanks for your quantitative update.  I had just received the following reply
from Spices Etc.:

        Our vinegar powder contains dextrin, modified food starch, and vinegar
solids.
        Please let me know if there is anything else I may assist you with.
        Best Regards,
        Michele Enriquez,  CSR
        Spices Etc.
       1-800-827-6373

I thought it had to be something like this.  Using your data, with the product
having 92% carbohydrates, the acetic acid is fairly well diluted.  Additionally,
some of the aforesaid "vinegar solids" may be natural flavorings, such as would
be with the use of cider vinegar.

To anyone on the list:   If you try it, let me/us know what you think of it - I
might try some.

AndyB