Re: [CH] "Vinegar Powder"

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@shaw.ca)
Tue, 14 Sep 2010 16:15:26 -0700

  On 10-09-14 11:26 AM, Constance Allen wrote:
> I use powered citric acid that I bought from San Francisco Herb.  I
> wonder if it could be a substitute for "vinegar powder"'
>
> Cheers,
>
> Constance Allen

Hi Constance....how ya doing? Nope, nothing like acetic acid. That
constitutes hypo which is what Rich uses to fix his photos. Smells like
vinegar, but is not quite the same! Citric acid is derived from citrus
fruits amongst other things. Used to give a sour taste to foods and as a
cleaning agent, or more specifically a substance in some cleaning agents.
Cheers,

old Doug in BC