Re: [CH] Almost 20 years ago...

Doug Irvine (dougandmarie@shaw.ca)
Fri, 25 Feb 2011 09:42:11 -0800

On 11-02-25 8:54 AM, Alex Silbajoris wrote:

> Now that I think about it, I don't remember how I first found the C-H list in the days before the WWW and Google, etc.  I used to hit it from my CompuServe account.  It was out of ucdavis back then.
>
> And, looking through the 1990s digests, there are all these senders who have vanished over the years.  I just hope they're still out there somewhere, breaking a sweat for fun.

Yes funny Alex, I was wondering the same thing. Really wondering how
many are still alive, seeing as I still am. I think! We have kept in
touch with some, but there are so many who simply disappeared and as the
C-H list waned so did the membership. Some of the old folks who used to
post simply are not around, I am sure some have died or their interest
has died. Miss Tony Flynn in NZ but then we all will follow him some
day. Happy for Jim that he has gotten rid of the albatross and will be
able to spend more time with Abby.
I found the C-H list through a search engine that Apple had installed on
all Macs away back in the 90s and one had to be approved by Mike
personally prior to getting mail. I went digest after about 6 months
when the volume of mail began to be huge. Big difference now!! Well
better go and get outta my house coat, must go out shopping! Just in
case we get another dump of snow!
Cheers,
Old Doug on Vancouver Island BC who hit 85 in January! Still growing and
eating peppers!